Skip to main content

My m&m journey is full of surprise


I had seen m&m - the colourful candy coated chocolate since I was a little girl living in the US.  When we moved to Thailand, there was no m&m but the similar candy was "Smarties", which is still available in some supermarket but has not been very popular.  I don't recall when m&m was first available in Thai supermarket and I have rejoined with it.  My memory about the m&m back then is the yellow and brown packaging representing the peanut and plain m&m.  Those in brown bag are my favourite. I do not care much about the one with peanuts.

Which do you prefer: Plain or Peanut M&Ms? Take our quick survey to see if  you qualify for a chan… | Restaurant gift cards, Gift card mall, Chocolate  explosion cake

Photo credited to: http://www.americanfreestuff.com

The reason m&m is full of surprise to me is because it has several variations and most of the time I enjoy it.  My first trip back to US in 1992, I saw many of the variations including almond m&m and easter m&m , which are pastel.  My favourite of all from that trip is peanut butter m&m in an orange bag.  


Buy M&M'S Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Party Size 34-Ounce Bag Online in  Vietnam. B07W5B43Z7

Photo credited to: https://www.ubuy.vn/en/product/OOLKG8-m-m-39-s-peanut-butter-chocolate-candy-party-size

I went back again for a long stay in 1994 and I saw a more variation of it but not much in term of a new flavour.  One of it is the crispy m&m, which become another standard product. I tried it out at first but it has never become my favourite.  Other than that I do not see much of a new flavour.  However, I have seen those with a new set of colors e.g. white and green color m&m - that is of course a Michigan State University thing!  They also came out with a new color the "blue" one in the mix and also some campaign on wining the prize if you find all one color bag of m&m.  During this time, whatever m&m came out, I wasn't much surprise.  Peanut butter is still my favourite m&m.


M&m's Crispy - Buy M&m's Crispy Product on Alibaba.com

Photo credited to: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/m-m-s-crispy_62017947504.html

I came back to Thailand and went back to US from time to time. Of course, I still go for peanut butter m&m.  Later, that is available in Thailand in some shop that import from foreign country and also the arrival duty free at Suvannabhumi airport.  On one of the occasion I went back to US (I assume it is in 2012), I discovered mint m&m in a light green bag.  It was only sold at Chicago O'hare Airport and I pick it up on my way back to Thailand.  

The past couple years, there are pop-up of various m&m flavours.  First the mint was available in 7-11 (no where else to be found), then the peanut butter in the same convenient store.  These are available in the 1.5 oz size only.  They come and go.  Once it is gone, it is no longer available.  Just as yesterday, I stopped at another 7-11 to find something to snack while working in the office during holiday.  I found white bag of m&m.  It's a white chocolate m&m that comes in a white bag.  Although I was not a big fan of the white chocolate, this I have to admit that I really like.  Peanut butter is still my most favourite one though.





Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading about your long history with M&M’s and how the different varieties changed over the years. It is interesting how moving between the US and Thailand affected which flavors were easy to find. The peanut butter M&M’s clearly have a special place in your favorites, while the limited mint and white chocolate versions sound like fun discoveries too. I also like how the post connects simple snacks with memories from different trips. After reading food stories like this, I sometimes relax with Download Xuper TV for some entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a nostalgic and enjoyable food post. I liked the way you described seeing M&M’s as a child in the US and then encountering different alternatives and varieties after moving to Thailand. The story about finding mint M&M’s at Chicago O’Hare Airport was especially interesting because limited availability can make a familiar snack feel much more special. It is also fun to see how your favorite stayed peanut butter despite all the new flavors appearing over the years. Posts like this are great to read before browsing Download Eespacio APK App for a little entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this personal journey through the different M&M varieties. The contrast between the classic peanut and plain versions and the newer flavors makes it easy to understand why the candy has remained interesting for so long. The story about finding specialty M&M’s in Thailand and during trips to the US was probably my favorite part because it shows how availability can make certain flavors feel like small discoveries. It was also nice to see that peanut butter remained the clear favorite. After reading this, I would happily take a break with Magis TV Android APK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun collection of memories around one of the most recognizable chocolate candies. I liked how the post covers everything from the original yellow and brown packaging to crispy, mint, peanut butter, and white chocolate varieties. The limited-time flavors available at places like 7-Eleven make the story even more interesting because they can disappear almost as quickly as they appear. It is clear that peanut butter M&M’s remain the favorite despite all those experiments. I always enjoy these personal food stories, and sometimes follow them with some casual entertainment on Bus simulator indonesia game Apk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nostalgic look at the many M&M’s varieties you have encountered over the years. I enjoyed seeing the journey from the classic yellow and brown packaging to crispy, mint, peanut butter, and white chocolate versions. The limited-time flavors are especially interesting because finding something unusual can make an ordinary snack feel like a memorable discovery. It is easy to see why peanut butter remains the favorite after trying so many varieties. I enjoy personal food stories like this, and sometimes switch to Xuper TV Gratis for some casual entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this personal M&M’s journey, especially the way different flavors are connected with memories from different places. The mention of mint and white chocolate varieties caught my attention because limited editions can be surprisingly fun to discover. Peanut butter M&M’s also sound like a clear favorite, particularly after trying so many alternatives over the years. It is interesting how a familiar candy can become part of travel memories and everyday experiences. After reading food-related stories, I sometimes take a break with Netfly APK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fun read about the evolution of M&M’s and the different varieties you have tried. I liked the contrast between the traditional flavors and some of the more unusual options, such as mint and white chocolate. The story also shows how availability can make certain varieties more memorable, especially when they are found during a trip or in a particular store. Peanut butter clearly seems to have earned its place as the favorite. I enjoy these nostalgic food posts and sometimes unwind afterward with Super TV APP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the personal memories in this post more interesting than a simple list of M&M’s flavors. It is fascinating how the same candy can offer completely different experiences depending on the variety and where you happen to find it. The limited mint version and the peanut butter flavor especially stood out to me. I also liked the references to different stores and locations because they add some context to the story. Food and nostalgia make a great combination, and after reading posts like this I sometimes browse Netfly APK Download for a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are certainly a lot more M&M’s varieties than many people realize, and this post does a great job showing that variety through personal experience. I liked reading about the crispy, mint, peanut butter, and white chocolate versions, particularly because some of them were discovered while travelling. It is also interesting that despite all the experiments, peanut butter remained the preferred choice. Posts like this make ordinary snacks feel connected to specific memories and places. I enjoy reading these food stories and sometimes relax afterward with Bit Tv Android APK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really enjoyable collection of memories surrounding a familiar candy. The different M&M’s varieties mentioned here show how much the brand has experimented with flavors and textures over time. I especially liked the parts about finding specialty versions in different locations, since those unexpected discoveries often become the most memorable ones. The preference for peanut butter M&M’s also makes sense considering how distinctive that combination is. Personal food stories are always fun to explore, and when I finish reading them I sometimes switch over to Bit TV APK Android.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment